Happy Birthday, Harry
- Beginning next week I’m going to be a puppy auntie- my sister is getting a chocolate lab named Freddie! I am currently trying to find a time in the fall to go down to Tampa to meet my little nephew while he’s still little.
- Sometimes I have these periods where I really seriously want to sell our townhouse and buy a real house for the sole reason of getting a puppy. I’m noticing in the past year they are happening more and more frequently. (Noted: I totally know it’s feasible to have a pup in an apartment/condo but our association has a strict no dog policy, boo!)
- I went back to my natural hair color my junior year of college- but lately I am itching to go lighter again. Yay or nay?
- Tonight I’m leaving work a little early to head to a food festival with my cousins. This is my first time going but my cousins are regulars and said that it’s awesome. I can’t wait to stuff my face!
- On Friday I’m going to my last concert of the year (at least my last planned one!). My best friend & I got tickets to see Katy Perry and I’m psyched. I will most definitely be dancing my ass off white girl style. I apologize to those around me in advance.
- I have been itching to add a jump suit to my wardrobe but I have had such a hard time finding something that I am willing to pull the trigger and purchase. I came across this one the other day & I haven’t stopped thinking of it since I tried it on. I know Anthro online is the devil (like seriously maybe worse than the devil), but they are offering free shipping right now so I think I may have to make it mine.
- How is July almost over? Holy crap is this summer going quick. I am not even close to ready to break out my fall stuff :(
- So far I have made plans to go to my aunts pool FOUR separate times & every time it has either down-poured or been in the 60’s. I want to go this weekend because I’m seriously lacking on my summer tan but I refuse to make definite plans because I don’t want to jinx the weather.
- One month from today I will be heading out to Chicago! I am BEYOND excited for this trip. Thanks to everyone for their recommendations- I made a special note on my iPhone notepad of all of the suggestions so I will be all set when we get there. If you have any other recs to add over the next month before I leave- feel free to shoot me a line either in my ask box or at firstname.lastname@example.org. I appreciate it so much :)
Family Cape Weekend 2k14
Since Memorial Day, I feel as though my weekends have been filled with go-go-go plans. Thankfully, this past one was a nice little break. Aside from a low-key family Falmouth wedding Saturday night (which was awesome & I stupidly forgot to take pictures!)- I had no plans other than to relax and unwind. It was perfect.
The weather wasn’t exactly our ally this weekend- it was chillier than it should be in the middle of July and a bit cloudy, but we made it work. It was nice to be able to sit on the beach & devour a good book.
For the first time on a Monday in a while, I woke up feeling relaxed, rejuvenated, & ready for the week. What a treat.
Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!
But I guess beach traffic beats work so it’s ok in my book.
Happy (almost) weekend friends!
For those of you who decided to change your name-
Am I the only one who gets SUPER FREAKING skeeved out when I am referred to as Mrs. <married last name> ?
I know that it’s coming from a respectful standpoint by the person who is addressing me but
ETA: Oops, I guess I wasn’t as clear as I meant to be :) My problem is not with the last name- I am quite happy to share a name with Kev, it’s more with the MRS. part! I just have such a hard time grasping & identifying with the fact that I am in fact old enough to be a Mrs.!
“And I just want to tell you, at some point it doesn’t matter who was right and who was wrong. At some point, being angry is just another bad habit, like smoking, and you keep poisoning yourself without thinking about it.”
I am currently in the market for a heart-rate monitor.
I don’t need anything too high tech or fancy, I just want it so that I can gain a little more insight into how much I am burning at spinning class & when I run (& how much realistically I can treat myself after said workouts). I sort of think that right now I am overestimating how many calories I am burning which sort of negates the point of working out…
I don’t really know too much about these things & none of my good friends have any experience with them either- so I was hoping that you fitness guru’s could help me out. I’m assuming I need a pretty basic model- all that I want it to do is be easy to use, be normal sized, and for it let me know how many calories I burned at the end of my workout.
So Tumblr, if you could help me out (again!) I would be forever in your debt :) What heart-rate monitor should I get?
Seeing this on my dash made me all the more excited for my upcoming family beach weekend. :) 4 more days!
I just almost sent 50+ unendorsed checks to the bank to be deposited.
This week, amirite? TGI-freaking-F!
- A lot of the things that I received as birthday gifts & purchased earlier this season are now on sale. If you are in the market for some cute summer clothing- check these things out :) You’re welcome.
- This weekend is going to be rather low key & I’m happy about that. On the docket: Dinner date (Mexican!) with Ryan & Court, Ava’s Baptism, & spending Sunday soaking up some rays by my aunt’s pool.
- After seeing an article earlier this week about the positive effects of drinking at least 3 liters of water a day, I have significantly upped my water in take. This results in me literally going to the bathroom like 10 times a day at work. It’s sort of annoying but I hope that the pros will outweigh the cons! [I read this on someone’s blog but for the life of me can’t remember who! If it was you, let me know and I will properly link you!]
- My coworker is out for a few weeks which means I have the responsibility of doing her job as well as my own. It for sure keeps me super busy, but it’s not really ideal for the middle of the summer & planning beach days. Womp, womp.
- Uplifting Friday story: My sister’s friend found an abandoned, wounded dog outside of her work. She took the adorable pup to the vet and found out that the dog had been hit by a car & needed some extensive surgery for her leg. My sister’s friend was more than willing to foster the dog and nurse her back to health, but unfortunately she didn’t have the funds to fiance the thousands of dollars of vet bills that this pup will ultimately rack up (who does?!). She started a GoFundMe to see if anyone was willing to help- she reached her goal to cover all the bills in less than 48 hours thanks to so many different peoples generosity. The pup is going to be fine! :)
After a lot of phone calls back and forth this AM, our airfare and hotels are now 100% officially booked.
Kevin and I are making our first tip to CHICAGO over Labor Day weekend!!
Friday night we fly in late after work and are just staying at a Marriott in the airport (thanks Marriott credit card points!) but on Saturday & Sunday we are staying on the Magnificent Mile (Fairfield Inn to be exact!). After doing loads of research, the general consensus seemed to think this was the place to be- I’ve been warned touristy, but hey we are tourists!
So now I ask for your help, Tumblr- Where should we eat? drink? What do we absolutely have to do? see?
…googling someone you sort of know, finding their Linked In, & clicking on it- only to discover that you forgot to log out of your Linked In account?
Meaning, the person will get a notification that you are creeping on them.
Of course I don’t mind sharing! I got the dress from Anthropologie. I just went to search for it & found that it’s on super duper sale right now- so if you are a size 8 or a 10, you are one lucky gal!
Thanks so much for your kind words & I hope that this helps :)
On Saturday all of my best friends from college traveled to Boston from all over the northeast to celebrate our dear friend Lloyd’s wedding- & it was impeccable.
I seriously had the best time ever. Everything was awesome- the exquisite venue (best view of the city!), the beautiful weather, the delicious food, the nonstop flow of beverages, the amazing company & most importantly, the gorgeous bride & groom. It was literally the perfect evening.
As we get older & busier, get together’s that include all of my college friends are really far and few between- so realizing that made this weekend so much more special. I don’t think the smile left my face all day.
My heart is very full.
A huge congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Lloyd! I love you both very much!