- tumblr booty call wife
- tumblr gagged and filled
This weekend was a great one!
Friday: Kelly met me at my work & we headed directly into Boston. After a quick stop for a few drinks & some apps with Kevin at LIR, we made our way over to the Newbury Street Paint Bar. Neither of us really knew what to expect when we made our reservation but we actually had an AWESOME time. Neither of us are super artistic, but our teacher was really good & some how managed to guide us into making some pretty decent artwork (if I do say so myself). Success!
Saturday: After sleeping in a bit, I finally got my hair cut. 4 inches snipped and I feel like a new woman- it was about freakin’ time, I definitely needed it. As soon as I got home I met up with Maura & we headed down to Foxwoods for a night of debauchery to celebrate Emmy’s Bachelorette Party! We had an absolute blast (and probably a few too many beers!). No stories though- what happens at Foxwoods, stays at Foxwoods- ha!!
Sunday: We all woke up feeling a little hazy- but nothing that a stop at McDonald’s couldn’t cure. (side bar: McDonald’s fountain soda cures all, amirite?) After arriving home, I spent the remainder of the day hanging out with Kevin on the couch watching 24 season 8 (somehow I missed that season when it aired originally, weird).
Mondays are usually especially tough after a great weekend- but I’m not too sad this week because in 4 short days my great friends Ryan & Courtney are tying the knot and I couldn’t be more excited to celebrate!!
This scene had me squealing like a 5 year old so it clearly needed a place on my blog.
Beyond obsessed with these two.
Praying there will be a few crossovers between TVD & The Originals next season because I am not ready for this chapter to be over before it even begins…
Chocolate covered fruit all over the floor.
It’s a travesty.
Also, did I mention the spiral staircase is right in the front of our store so about 10 people witnessed my demise…. yep.
Side bar: Aside from a [soon to be] bruised knee & slightly bruised ego, I am fine- so feel free to laugh at my expense. I know I would.
As the final season of the Office comes to a close tonight [ahh!], I have decided to reflect on my top 5 favorite episodes.
I know that the show has sort of gone off the rails during the past two seasons- Robert California, UGH! Andy’s boat trip, UGH!- but I have followed it all the way through & now that it’s ending I find myself really sad to see it go. I’m for sure going to miss the guys from Dunder Mifflin on Thursday evenings (except for Pam, I’ll never miss Pam).
Disclaimer: Andy Bernard is my all time favorite character(haters to the left), so while Season 1 & 2 were good- I enjoy season 3 onward much more.
- Andy’s Play (Season 7): This episode is my all time fave for so many reasons. I literally could watch it over & over again and pee my pants laughing every single time. From the opening of Andy & Company coming into the Office to perform a number to the ending of Michael’s Law & Order audition, this is (in my opinion) 23 minutes of pure comedic gold.
- Michael Scott Paper Company (Season 5): This is another episode that has me laughing for all 23 minutes. I really love the Michael/Ryan relationship & seeing them cooped up together in a utility closet as an office is pretty hilarious. Another added bonus is the fact that Stringer Bell from the Wire is a guest star. The cherry on top of this episode is Dwight & Andy singing Country Roads- slays me every time.
- Beach Games (Season 3): This is a great one- I feel like when Jim/Andy/Dwight & the secondary cast are competing with one another that is when we get the funniest stuff. The sumo suits are hilarious- especially when Andy gets stuck in the water in his. There are also a few really killer Kevin lines in this episode, love Kevin.
- Niagra (Season 6): As much as I hate Pam, Jim & Pam’s wedding episode is a gem. Michael, Dwight, Andy, and all of the secondary characters were fantastic in this. I am laughing to myself at my desk right now thinking of Kevin’s tissue box shoes, Andy puncturing his scrotum, & the dance everyone did entering the church. Very funny.
- The Incentive (Season 8): I know a lot of people aren’t a fan of the Office post Michael Scott, but I actually really liked some of the early season 8 stuff (minus Robert California). Andy is really on point in this episode & has me cracking up every time I watch it.
What are your favorite episodes? [Non-tumblr peeps- you can comment too with Disquis! I love Office talk & being reminded of more funny moments I most definitely forgot!]
Sort of unrelated: It wouldn’t feel right to write a post on the Office and not include my most favorite Nard Dog gif EVER. Enjoy.
iPhone snaps from a night out in Boston.
As I mentioned yesterday, last night my mom, my sister Kelly, and I took the train in town for a night out. While it was a little bit chilly (I made the mistake of leaving my coat at home!)- we had a great time.
Kelly just got home from school in Clemson, South Carolina two days ago so the first thing that she wanted to do was walk over to Copley Square and see the marathon memorial. We looked for my mom’s hat but it seemed as though that was one of the items that had already been archived.
After we visited the memorial we took a stroll down Boylston Street. We visited Sugar Heaven and each of us made our own candy bag filled with our faves- yum! We kept walking so that Kelly could see where Kevin, my aunt, and I were standing in reference to where the bombs went off- truthfully, it’s still a little scary to see even on my forth or fifth time.
Right in front of the Forum (where the second bomb went off) there were two absolutely GORGEOUS Bernese Mountain Dogs hanging out tied to a light post. We assumed that their owners were probably inside one of the restaurants grabbing a quick bite or in line at Starbucks. Usually I wouldn’t approach a dog without it’s owner around, but these dogs were so friendly and beautiful we had to pet them (& creepily take pics!).
Kelly is only home for about 10 days before she jet sets off to New Zealand and Australia for the summer, so my mom and I let her pick where she wanted to eat. Since she is a creature of habit (as are all of us in the Duggan fam!), she picked one of our favorites: The Capital Grille. To switch it up we decided to sit in the lounge area and eat from the bar menu. We started with an order of spicy calamari. For our entrees, My mom and I got burgers while Kelly got tenderloin sliders- and obviously we all had some parmesan truffle fries. Everything was delicious- duh.
It was really fun to spend a night out with my mom and sister. While I know we had said we wanted to try new places when we head in- I’m glad that this time we were able to go somewhere that Kelly chose and knew would be delicious before she leaves the country. On our walk up to the Cap Grille, my mom and I checked out some menus along to way- so I can’t wait to test those places out over the next few weeks. Yum!
Boyce Avenue (f. Fifth Harmony) - Mirrors [JT cover]
This cover of one of my [current] favorite tunes is phenomenal.
I have been a fan of Fifth Harmony since they debuted on the X-Factor in late 2012, so I was extra stoked to see them collaborating with Boyce Avenue [who I love!] on this track.
I highly suggest you give it a listen, it doesn’t disappoint.
For as long as I can remember, every Tuesday evening in the spring/summer my father has gone to his golf club to play a quick nine and have dinner with his brothers. When we were younger it was no big deal, business as usual at home (just minus dad)- but now that no one is left in the house, my mom decided that she wanted to make her own Tuesday night plan too.
For as close as we live to Boston, my parents don’t really visit it that often so they aren’t super familiar with all the different areas of the city. This is something that my mom has decided she wants to change. It’s shame to live less than 20 minutes outside of the city and to not take advantage of it! So from now on, while it’s nice outside, every Tuesday my mom & I are going to take the train in after work (only a 17 minute ride!), grab some dinner, mosey around, and maybe do some shopping.
My family is a bunch of creatures of habit (Kevin & I included!), so when we do head into the city we usually hit up the same few restaurants every time. In an effort to expand our horizons, we have also decided that every week we will try a new restaurant- there are certainly plenty to choose from. I think that this will be a great way for my mom to get more familiar with the city and it will also be a nice little mid-week pick me up.
My sister Kelly is home for 2 weeks before she heads to New Zealand for the summer [!], so tonight she will accompany us in. I’m really looking forward to spending the evening in the city, trying a new restaurant, and hanging out with my family. I think I’m going to like this new tradition.
Last week Kevin walked over from the financial district to meet us on Boylston and we went to Sola’s Irish Pub at the Lenox Hotel. It was a really neat spot with some delicious food (home made potato chips & pulled pork quesadillas were some of our selections). As you can tell from our smiling faces, we really enjoyed ourselves.
Unrelated update: Scarf is from Asos but it’s currently out of stock (I got it a year or two ago). I know from experience that they bring stuff back so I wouldn’t be surprised if you checked in periodically if it came back to stock somewhere down the road!
Weekend in Bullets
- Heading in town directly after work to meet up with Emmy & Pete for some pre-Sox beers at the Baseball Tavern
- Spending the GORGEOUS evening (we’re talking tee-shirt weather all night!) at Fenway watching a Sox win
- Stopping by Jillian’s for some celebratory drinks
- Ordering Papa John’s on the cab ride home so it arrived at the same time as us
- Lazy Saturday AM spent catching up on DVR
- A matinee show of Gatsby [!]
- Spending the evening on the couch watching 24 season 8
- Waking up early to bake some Mother’s Day goodies
- Making our way in town for an awesome brunch at the BC Club with my parents, aunt, uncle, & cousins. [Thanks uncle Joe!]
- Getting cozy on the couch to watch the season finales of Once Upon a Time & Revenge [they both sort of disappointed IMO]
Hope that everyone had as great of a weekend as I did- especially all of you mothers!!
This Monday will be fueled entirely by the Gatsby soundtrack that I purchased as soon as I got to the office today- boo ya.
It’s Gatsby time!!
Rocking the poncho, crazy hair, a mild hangover, and some extra snazzy 3D glasses.
Smile Friday: Fenway Park edition
Tonight marks my first visit to Fenway of the season. We lucked out with the weather- 77° and sunny! I am so excited to eat Fenway Franks (you bet your ass I’m having more than one!) and drink outside. I feel like tonight is the official start to summer fun for me and it couldn’t have come at a better time!
[Side note: The only picture I could find of me at Fenway that I haven’t used on this blog before was from three years ago when we went with our friends Creign and Seamus- I need to be more diligent with the pictures!]
When did you choose?
This video is really neat. I think that if every single person seriously asked themselves this question & answered honestly there would never be an issue with homophobia- because in reality, it isn’t a choice.
It’s definitely worth the 3 minutes to check this video out.
As of today, we have been together for 11 years.
A lot of things have happened in 11 years: high school graduations, going off to college, college graduations, starting careers, buying our first cars, changing careers, moving into our first apartment, vacations, buying our first home, engagement, marriage & planning said wedding, anniversaries, and so, so much more.
I can’t imagine doing any of the above with anyone else. I am very lucky.
[Side note: I know that as soon as you are married your dating anniversary is sort of null and void- but I still thought it is pretty neat to note how long this guy has been able to put up with me. It isn’t an easy feat at all.]